About Me

My photo
My name is Lindsay Caddell. I am a junior at HTHS. I've always loves watching shows like CSI and Criminal Minds and I am very interested in the many differnt types of serial killers. Theodore Robert Bundy is one of the most famous serial killers known to man. I find it fasinating that he managed to rape and kill over thirty women and escape from jail twice. I will hopefully find many interesting things to share about this criminal.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Ted Got What He Deserves


In the first ten minutes of A&E's documentary on Ted Bundy, his cocky attitude is easily felt. When he'd be walked around with handcuffs on he still had a look on his face as if he was completely in control. His confidence finally dwindled away a little when he was on his way to the electric chair. He knew what has coming and he knew that no matter how confident in himself he was, he was about to die and there was nothing he could do about. The scene outside the building he was being executed in was a mad house. People were holding up signs that said things like "Burn Bundy" or "Pay Back Has Arrived". They counted dowwn to the second he was killed by an anonymous officer and when the countdown was through there were fireworks and everyone went crazy. Looking at the smiles on these people's faces you'd think they'd won the lottery.
Personally, I think that they should have left Ted in jail and not killed him. I am against capital punishment but something else that made me mad was that the speaker in the documentary said "Ted Bundy died an easier death than any of his victims". How is it fair punishment that he tortures and rapes women before he kills him yet he dies in a 30 second shock. I guess they killed him because he had escaped twice already. I also found it odd that he was only executed for the murder of Kimberly Leach even though he confessed to multiple others. I do understand why the crowd was so ecstatic though. The death of Ted Bundy could have very well saved many other girl's lives.

"A&E Biography- Ted Bundy- Part 1." YouTube. Web. 15 Apr 2010. .

1 comment: